The members of St. John’s are active in responding to a wide variety of human needs – both as a congregation and as individual members. Together we contribute volunteer hours, skills, financial support and other resources to projects and organizations that include:
- preparing bales of clothing for northern dioceses
- collecting clothing for refugees
- Christmas gift program
- KW Out of the Cold program
- Monica Place
- St. John’s Kitchen
- Out of the Cold
- Habitat for Humanity
- Grandmothers to Grandmothers (Stephen Lewis Foundation)
- Our facilities are used by many community organizations.
- For 42 years volunteers at the St John’s Clothes Closet provided good-quality reasonably-priced clothing for men, women, and children.
- For 20 years St John’s Kitchen was located at St. John’s church where hundreds of people gathered to cooperate and support each other to provide food, fellowship, and assistance.
Presentation of ‘A Christmas Carol’ in aid of St John’s Kitchen
Community dinner with proceeds to KW Out of the Cold and the church
The Ice Bucket Challenge